Ghosts of Salem Past
50% of all ticket sales donated to the Salem Pantry in honor of Memorial Day.
Hear the stories from Salem’s past that continue to haunt and teach us in the present!
We’ll explore tales of piracy, fire, war, betrayal, love, and murder from Salem’s colonial, maritime, and more recent past along a leisurely stroll through the downtown.
Tour route is less than one mile, with some bumpy brick sidewalks. Guests with mobility needs are encouraged to contact me with any questions.
Whether it’s your first visit to Salem, or you’re a local who’s always meant to take a tour, this is a great introduction to the cultural, literary, military, and religious history of Salem.
MeetSalem introduces you to a variety of sites and stories in downtown Salem at a leisurely pace, following less than a half-mile route specifically chosen to be mobility-conscious for those using a walker, wheelchair, or scooter.
There are several public benches along the route, for those who may want the option to sit between stops. Guests of all mobilities are welcome.
Curious how Salem became the Witch City and the Capitol of Halloween? From Witchcraft to Lovecraft, the PopSalem tour is for you!
Salem’s journey to the Witch City couldn’t have happened without popular culture. You’ll hear about how Bewitched, Hubie Halloween, Lovecraft, video games, and nineteenth-century school books all contributed to what Salem is today.
Guests with mobility needs are encouraged to contact me with questions before booking this tour.
15% of ReadSalem ticket proceeds donated to the Athenaeum.
Want to dive deep into Salem history?
- Read (or listen or watch) The Crucible beforehand.
- Tour Witch Trials sites downtown.
- Discuss the play in the historic and cozy reading room of the Salem Athenaeum (not mobility accessible).
Support another local business by purchasing your book here from Salem’s own Wicked Good Books.
Photo credit: Joey Phoenix
- Choose a theme: MeetSalem, PopSalem, ReadSalem or Ghosts of Salem Past
- Choose a date/time: by appointment. Simply complete this form or call (978.219.6850) to inquire about availability.
- Receive confirmation and book: at least 24 hours before tour start time (2 weeks notice required for ReadSalem).
- Pricing: $200 per 90 minute tour (up to 10 people)