MEETING PLACE: tours meet at the Nathaniel Hawthorne Statue on Hawthorne Blvd, unless otherwise arranged
- Engage meaningfully with Salem’s dynamic history with your own private walking tour!
- Your pace, your time, your Salem.
Topics can include:
- 1692 Witch Hysteria in depth and in context
- Salem’s journey from Puritan utopia to “witch city”
- Maritime Salem and the Captain White murder
- Salem in popular culture (Hocus Pocus, H.P. Lovecraft, Fallout 4, newspapers)
- Immigrant history
- Date/time: by appointment. Click the button below or call (978.219.6850) to inquire about availability.
- Pricing: $200 per 60-90 minute tour for up to 10 people (plus gratuity, if desired).
- Booking: Online on the phone via credit card (for individuals), or by invoice/check (for organizations).
Public Benefit Tours
Want to give back to the city you love?
Celebrate the Witch City this October and support the Salem Pantry!
Join the PopSalem tour to hear how popular culture helped shape Salem’s story (and vice versa), from Witchcraft to Lovecraft.
- 11am every Saturday in October.
- $30 Tickets (25% of sales to charity)
- Old Town Hall
- Witch Trials Memorial
- Bewitched Statue
- Witch Museum
- Salem Common
- And more 🙂
* Please see the FAQ page for information about small children on tours.